I suppose I already have a few small traditions in my head for holidays.
- I like to eat Chinese food on Christmas Eve.
- I like to travel somewhere I've never been for my birthday.
- I have a go-to recipe for Green Bean Casserole that I use for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- I refuse to wear red or pink on Valentine's Day, and like to cook a special meal for my single girlfriends on that day.
- I like to watch Luther on Halloween.
But that's about it. Hmmm....what to add to that?
Well, this year, after our big Thanksgiving meal that a bunch of us had together, we divied up the left-overs so that everyone had a little bit of everything that had been brought to the party. On a whim, I invited a bunch of friends over to watch all the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends while eating left-overs on Black Friday.
I enjoyed it so much! It felt like hanging out with my family on Black Friday, still in that stuffed stupor, laughing, talking, watching TV, just doing whatever. It felt right. I'm not a big Macy's Parade or football kind of person, but I always enjoy the fellowship time with family while they enjoy those things. With the girls I have here, laughing over Friends fit that mold perfectly.
I think I have a new Black Friday tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment