Yesterday started out as a happy day. I was able to download email onto my computer at a friend's house. Later I went to open the computer, and it refused to boot up. I tried everything I knew to do, including calling my dad in frustration. He didn't know what to do about it either. Today...a Bad News Bears day.
Today at my language lesson, I was telling Holly about the problem. Her husband overhears, and says, "Did you get on the internet yesterday?"
"Yes."
"Oohh...that's not good. We have many more problems in the country with viruses than other countries do. The Sheik, he owns everything, so there is only one internet company. Because there is no competition, he does not run a filter for viruses. Every virus in the world can attack your computer. Even if you run and update antivirus daily...you will still get a virus."
Like I said, Bad News Bears.
So we drove over to a computer shop, and they took a look at the good ole laptop.
"Did you use internet yesterday?"
"Yes."
"Yesterday, April 26th?"
At that point I wanted to be sarastic and say, "No...yesterday January 14." But I held my tongue.
"You see, there was an ugly virus that hit only yesterday, April 26. If you had just skipped internet you would have been fine. They call it Cherinoble...because it destroys everything."
They are all smiles that they have now figured out the reason my computer won't boot up. I'm near tears as they inform me that my entire hard drive has been wiped clean. Everything is gone.
Very Bad News Bears.
I guess it doesn't matter anymore that I don't have internet access...I don't have a computer to use it on anyway.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Bad News Bears
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment