Monday, April 11, 2005

To Pay or Not to Pay?

Since no one seems to have mailing addresses, I've begun to wonder just how will my bills arrive for me to pay them each month? (Can you imagine the poor mail man, walking around in 120 degree heat, trying to find the green and white building three blocks from the crooked palm tree?) Yes, there are post office boxes, but this is a fairly new thing, and most people don't have them. So again--how do bills arrive?

I walked into my building yesterday to find an interesting thing posted by the watchman's desk. An old dot-matrix printout with about 20 apartment numbers listed. I walked up to the list, scanned it, and did not find my name on the list. Hmmm... I read through the whole list, and finally found (about half way through the list) that it read "Electricity and water DISCONNECTION list." Glad my names not on that list!

But wait--a good 20 apartments in my building are going to be disconnected? Must be that I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to pay my bill...

No comments: