Saturday, May 07, 2005

Small Moments of Quiet Hysteria

Strange American girl breaks out in the happy dance right in the middle of a store in the biggest mall around. Why?

The GAP. Banana Republic. Old Navy.

I'm never returning to America. There's no longer a need.

----------------------------------------------------------

My friend and I walk into the movie theatre, and she looks around for the counter that sells what she wants to buy. Not Red Vines, Not Mike's and Ike's, not Kettle Korn.

Corn. Good ole yellow kernal corn, cooked in a sauce pan right there, with butter. Just what I wanted to go along with my thriller film...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in the never ending traffic, and my friend pops a tape into the tape player. (Yes, a brand spanking new Audi, with a CASSETTE player!) I'm zoned out in the back seat when the funniest music I've ever heard comes blaring out of the speakers.

U2 lyrics to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," in GREGORIAN CHANT style, to a techo beat in the background.

Better than Michael Jackson "Dangerous" at least.

No comments: