One year old...and yes, I was originally a red hed. It is no longer true, sadly enough. Why, oh why, does hair change color with age?
I am mortified by the pictures of me before college, really (okay, some in high school aren't that bad), but here is the first photo I am willing to share... This is Christmas of my freshman year of college...93. Short and dark!This next photo is from right after graduation from college in 98. Long, dark
and seriously curly. Why, oh why, do curls change with age? For some reason, I don't have those kinds of curls anymore.
This was taken in Spain, right before I left Europe in 01. Long, blond, and straight. How in the WORLD did I ever get my hair that straight? Mystery!
Next, this was some time in grad school when I was trying to look smart. Short, blond, and curly. And um, glasses.
Then, the only time ever in my life that my hair was this red. I didn't get it that way on purpose, and I really don't know how to get it back that red.
And now, most recently, at the wedding (with Auntie K). I guess this is the closest to my nature color...and well, closest to Auntie K's natural color too.So tell me, which color do you like best?
8 comments:
2 people love you now! I had somebody ask me the other day (yes, here in Brazil) if I was French.
Okay- I'm not just commenting because it says " One people love me" and that's grammatically incorrect...I'm also commenting to apologize about not contributing to the name contest. ( I saw your little foot-notish exhortation the other day...)Honestly- I had NO good ideas, and not having even a HINT of French background, I really felt QUITE inadequate for the task.
I am QUITE amazed at all your hairstyles and colors through the years. I, however, move at glacial speeds when it comes to such changes. My hair has looked practically the same all my life- except for the length of course...
so i LOVE your 1 yr old picture. so cute. but i think i like the red best, but mostly because that is one of my favorite pictures of you because it truly shows who you are (to me anyway)...the sparkle in your eye and the expression on your face reflects your intelligence, love, spunk, and joyous life that you bring to all who know you...
Auntie K--I used that photo because I think despite the bunny ears, you look very pretty. And the bunny ears reflect a little bit of our family, I think...(or at least YOUR family! ha!)
Jen--when I lived in Portugal, people thought I was French ALL the time! They would never speak to me in Portuguese, but in French...it was a bit frustrating.
Claire--sort for the bad grammar, but it's my way of forcing you people to comment! hehe
Lo-la--I can't believe you resisted commenting on that 90's hairdo!
Very interesting!
The first question that sprang to my mind was "so, what's her natural haircolor now?"
and holysmokes, Straight, Really Curly and everything in between! Salons must love you :-)
DJ--The color in the most recent picture (with my aunt) is the closest to my natural color, it just has highlights so that the grey blends in!
And yes, salons LOVE me. I'm not controlling about my hair (as some women can be at the salon)...I figure, if they mess it up, it'll grow out or be changed or whatever. It's all for fun!
RED- the one from your card with the green grass in the background
HS
H--you wanna know what's funny/interesting about that red? Your wife dyed it that color for me! We didn't pick that color, we picked something much darker, but it faded to that red color in the picture. Anyway...your wife had a hand in that red. Maybe she should color my hair for me again next week...
Post a Comment