Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm having a GREAT day!

First of all, my photo on my daily photo blog is the "featured" photo of the day. I was totally shocked.

Second of all, I paid off my credit card in its entirety. First time ever for me, I think! Feels so freeing!


Third of all, I said to Harry and to Loren today that I've hit two points concerning France. (1) I'm totally ready to go. Ready to get there. Ready. (2) I'm tired of this whole no clue whatsoever about when my visa will come and therefore when I'll get to leave. The fact that it could be any day or two months is a bit too unclear and untangible for me and is making me a little crazy.

Well, God sure does know us well, doesn't He? Just when I began to feel crazy over the unknown, He who knows all things made it clear. The consulate called me right at 5pm Eastern time to tell me that my visa has been approved. I nearly jumped out of my chair to do the happy dance, but I remembered that I ought to pay attention to the man on the phone. He asked if I wanted an appointment on January 11 to pick up. (In my head I thought, how about tomorrow?) I asked if we could schedule anything earlier--and I have an appointment for December 27! Wahoo!

My company booked my ticket today. I'm flying to Paris on Friday, December 29th!!! I AM ON MY WAY!

4 comments:

Jen said...

WOO HOO!

Booker said...

well, congrats on all fronts :-)

rindy said...

Cok congrats! Happy flying.

brilynne said...

Isn't anticipation of great things the best? So glad for you!