The rat is back. Again.
He made his enterance during my language lesson, which made Holly's eyes quite big. She was proud though, to hear that I remembered how to say 'rat.' He made such a noise that at one point we thought he'd broken through the ceiling tiles.
I went downstairs to inform the maintainence man about the rat. He came upstairs with me and I pointed up to the ceiling. He nodded that he understood and returned a few minutes later with a broom and a rag. He began to sweep the ceiling for me.
(I chose not to be offended that he was saying my ceiling needed cleaning...)
"No, no." Once again I went through the hand motions of explaining that I have a critter crawling around up there. His eyes got big, and he says, "Oh! A raht. Yes, yes. Min-nie rahts tis bidd-ing! Tous-ands! Tous-ands rahts! Too much prob-lem."
He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a "sorry" look. As he went out the door he turned and said, "Raht med-i-cine. Med-i-cine."
Too much problem indeed.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Too Much Problem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment