Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 11: (at sea) Formal Nights and other Fun

One of the things I was looking forward to on the boat was getting to dress up all fancy.  Its not often that a girl gets to do that anymore (except for a wedding), and well...I love getting dressed up fancy!  There were 3 formal nights, and 3 (or 4?) semi-formal nights.  I dressed up for all of them, and a couple other nights too!  I didn't take pictures every night, though.  Anyway, here's the first formal night:
 Another fun thing to do on the boat: play putt-putt!  It was one of the few gorgeous days we had, and so we took advantage.  Let me just say this: I'm terrible at putt-putt on solid ground.  I'm horrific at it on a boat that was constantly moving to make my ball roll away from the hole.  But I can't even blame the boat for the time I hit it hard enough that it bounced off a rock wall, went over the ledge, falling down to the deck below us, where it thankfully did not knock some elderly person out.  There were quite a few antics chasing it down as it continued rolling further and further away from the hole...
 The Black and White Ball.  Everyone on board dressed up in black and white.  It was pretty awesome.  That's one good looking crew, isn't it?
 On the last formal night, thecamelridingcowgirl loved her black and gold dress she decided to where it again.  I'm glad she did...isn't it so pretty?!  I wore one of my favorite dresses to dance in.
 For the last night on the BWB, we decided to dress up again.  You can't quite tell, but thecamelridingcowgirl's shirt is all shimmery.  It was pretty awesome.
One of the fun things to do on a formal night was sit near either the entrance to the theatre or one of the restaurants, and watch all the people pass you by.  The gowns were so elegant and all so different.  The men wore various tuxes with all sorts of different colored bow ties, and a few men wore kilts or military uniforms.  That was neat to see the various military uniforms from different countries.  It didn't matter where they were from, they still looked "dapper," as thecamelridingcowgirl said.

I'm down with dapper.  :)

1 comment:

Kendra6399 said...

Y'all look sooo pretty!!!