Well, if you didn't catch on from the previous posts, I LOVED BARCELONA! It was fun and beautiful and the food was good and I didn't feel like I had enough time there. I definitely want to go back and see more! There were a few random photos I took that didn't quite fit into the other posts, so I thought I would put them here.
In the Gothic Quarter:
This building had butterfly balconies!Pretty street lamps at night on Las Ramblas.
One day, I saw a door I really liked, but there was an flyer tacked to it. The camelridingcowgirl and her parents ever so kindly removed the flyer so that I could take a picture of the door! (Of course they put the flyer back up!)
Check out this Art Nouveau door handle on a hotel!
Fun triple-threat door.
Bull fighting ring near our hotel.
Door in the Gothic Quarter.
Another door in the Gothic Quarter.
And...another door in the Gothic Quarter. (Well, a painting on a door.)
Do I need to keep typing the same thing over and over?
And last, but not least...We were out on Las Ramblas (the big, hopping avenue downtown) waiting to go into the Flamenco show, when I thought I spied Superman about to take off from atop a building.
I zoomed in. How cool is that?! Barcelona has Superman, live and in the flesh.
Well, Barcelona, you may be famous for your professional pickpockets, and you may have stolen many a wallet, but I have to say...you definitely stole my heart. I hope to return and wander some more of your streets. Thank you for being so absolutely lovely.
2 comments:
After these pictures, I'm way sad I never saw Barcelona! Looks like a beautiful place!
...they have a Gothic Quarter?! oh my word, that is amazing.
Post a Comment