The last day on the BWB, it was super windy and cold, probably the coldest we'd experienced, so we didn't go outside much at all. (Which is weird really. You'd think that of the Mediterranean, the Atlantic, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico, the latter would have been the warmest, not the coldest.) Something really neat about that last day was seeing all the oil platforms out in the Gulf. We saw them all day long. In the evening, we entered Louisiana waters, and began cruising up the Mississippi (which meant we'd been in five different bodies of water in our trip!). The Mississippi was also neat, because some of the oil rigs we passed were so close it seemed like we could hop off the boat onto them!
It was strange to think we'd wake up in the morning in New Orleans...and then suddenly there it was. I hadn't thought I'd be ready to ever get off the boat, but once we got there...I was ready to get to my family! I almost didn't make it off the boat...my card that let me exit the boat didn't work, and so when I went to leave, it gave a big gong sound. They just wrote on a piece of paper that I'd left and let me continue on.
Overall, it was a fantastic trip. I would (and hope to) do it again...and again...and again. I've said that it is the best way to cross the ocean, in my opinion.
1 comment:
wow...that's a really pretty view of New Orleans.
Post a Comment