Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 13: (at sea) Food

Well, I think I've already blogged about what I loved on the boat.  Being on the boat.  The waves.  Staring at the water.  Reading for hours.  Have I mentioned that I loved going to Music Trivia?

So what haven't I told you about?  THE FOOD!  It wouldn't be a cruise if we didn't talk about food, now would it?  The food really was great.

Every night, there was a cold fruit soup as one of the appetizer options.  The first night, I had a watermelon getspacho that was to die for.  Not until the very last night did I have a fruit soup that was as good as that first one (even though the rest really were great).  The last night, we had a raspberry pineapple soup that was just divine.  

My absolutely favorite appetizer was a smoked duck breast salad.  I could have eaten it every night.

Before the cruise, my dad warned me not to eat lobster every night.  Turns out--that wasn't an option.  I only had lobster twice.  It was so yummy...but my favorite main dish was a coq au vin.  Look how Frenchy I've become!  
On a cruise, you can order as much food as you want...which obviously can get out of control.  But the portions are small.  And you don't have to eat all that they bring you.  Its a good chance to try eating things you wouldn't try before because you don't want to spend the money on a risk.  That said--I tried alot!  It got to where we called it "The N Special" if you ordered two appetizers, two main dishes, and two desserts.

I made sure to walk alot to work off all that I ate!  Also, I never visited the round-the-clock food.  I only ate at mealtimes and that was it.  In fact, I never once had ice cream!  While I enjoyed the breakfasts and lunches, dinners really were my favorite.  Dressing up, hanging with the same crowd each night at our table, good food and our awesome waiters made dinner the highlight of each day.

Well, second to Music Trivia.  Haha.

No comments: