Add to my crazy week that for some reason my phone, while in all appearances looked normal, was not working. Momma Friend tried to call me Thursday to tell me she and Daddy Friend could not pick me up for church on Friday morning, because they had to go across the border for business. (On a Friday? Pout.) She later said the phone didn't even ring, but went straight to the "out of service" message. So she called Miss Sally and asked her to relay the message to me. Miss Sally said she tried calling Thursday night and Friday morning.
My phone, however, had full connection and showed no missed calls.
So when Momma and Daddy Friends were supposed to show up and didn't, I called and asked where they were. "In the next door country."
Oh.
My eyes welled with tears as I thought, if there is ever a week I need to go to church, it's this one!
So I sucked it up and paid the big bucks to taxi to church. Lucky for me, the taxi driver didn't grumble about driving me to another city. (Remember, they're not allowed to pick anyone up on the way back). I guess he figured since it was a Friday morning, he wasn't going to get that much business anyway...
Church did boost the spirits and I am past the near-tears stage, thankfully. My phone seems to be working fine today. I think the devil just didn't want me to go to church. I showed him, dirty scoundrel!
Friday, July 15, 2005
Crazy Week Continues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment