I love a rainy night. I love a foggy night (or morning). Since moving here to the desert, rain and fog are probably the things I miss the most about living in the Bay area. I'd give anything to hear the rain on my rooftop, and sit at my desk by the window watching the fog over the Bay, waking up to the foghorn, drinking tea and lighting candles. I love that, I really do.
And I never get it here.
Until this week. No rain. No fog. But a storm of a different sort--sandstorm. Nothing like what Baghdad is boasting right now (pictured above), but the haze is similar. The effects are the same: the desire to stay inside, curl up with a good book and avoid the extremities if possible.
Our storm hasn't been that extreme. But it was interesting today when I went for a 10 minute walk and could taste the sand in my mouth and had to keep my head down to keep it out of my eyes. And the best part (besides taking off the glare of the sun) is that it creates an almost gray day/foggy night like atmosphere.
No comments:
Post a Comment