Saturday, December 14, 2013

December Daily {:14:} Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

Round One: Chai-Spiced Snickerdoodles.  Saved half the dough for the Center's Christmas party this week.  (Look at me, thinking ahead...)

Round Two: Chocolate Mint-Cream Filled Sandwhich Cookies.  Epic FAIL.  I don't know what I did wrong, but the dough was utterly unworkable and sadly ended up in the trash.  You win some, you lose some.

Round Three: Cinnamon Sugar Cookies with Barista-Inspired Glaze on top.  These are so good that *Amy ate three when she came over today for her English lesson!  I had fun swirling the glaze.

Round Four: (Skinny Version) Cranberry Bliss Bars.  Anything with bliss in the name has to be good, right?

Round Five: Apple-Spice Cookies with Cinnamon Icing.  They were supposed to have apple-vanilla icing, but I had so much cinnamon icing left over from round three that I used it instead.

Round Six: Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cookies.  Look at the gorgeous orange color of that batter!  At this point I realized I'd went a little nuts on the cinnamon and probably ought to make something chocolate.

Round Seven: Sweet and Spicy Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Yes, I put chili powder in my cookies and used a red pepper chocolate for the chips.  I tried adding red food coloring to help distinguish the hot cookies from any others, but once cooked, they just look darker.  And they're barely spicy.  Next time I'm putting more chili powder!

Round Eight: Peppermint Bark Cutouts.  These are mintalicious!
Also: Cranberry Feta Pinwheels, a cheeseball, ranch dip for the veggie tray, and that's it.  I'm done for the day.  All underlined titles have a link to the recipe.  The only one that I did anything different was on the spicy chocolate I used a spicy chocolate bar instead of regular chocolate.

Tomorrow's party day and I still have the savory stuff to make...ACK!  I'm out.

1 comment:

notpoems said...

oh. my. gosh. I want to try them all....especially the cranberry bars. the mint chocolate sandwich cookies sound amazing, if one can get them to work...