Wednesday, December 04, 2013

December Daily {:4:} Passport and Jewelry Class

Let's get started with the most important news of the day.  Look what was waiting in my mailbox today:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!  It feels weird to be as well-traveled as I am and have such a stiff, brand-new, completely blank passport.  They were nice enough to go ahead and put extra pages in for me from the get-go.  With that huge stresser off my shoulders, I headed out to the center where our crafts classes are every Wednesday.

This picture is actually from last week.  Anticipating that I would do this Daily December thing, I had a few pictures taken last week.  Here I am teaching a new student how to make jewelry.  I suppose she enjoyed it, because she came back this week and brought a friend!


We were really busy today.  I like when it's busy, but not crazy.  It get hard to keep your head on straight when it's crazy.  I jumped up from my chair, took this photo, and then sat back down next to the girl in the middle of the photo.  It was her first time, but she finished a pair of earrings and a bracelet today!

One of my star pupils made all of this today!  She's so good at whipping out stuff quickly!  She's a machine!

Beads, beads, and more beads.

After the class, my colleagues and I stayed at the center to have a meeting with the director.  I think my brain was done once the sun went down, because at one point I had to ask, "Would you please pause for one moment and let me think in English?"  I just couldn't seem to process all that was being said in French quickly enough.  It was a good meeting, though, and I think we were all pleased with the final agreement.

On my way home on the metro, it came to a full stop, and powered down.  We sat there in the dark for a few minutes until everything was resolved and it was able to begin running again.  Oh, city life.

I'm thankful to have a nice quiet evening at home.  I should probably sew some, but my eyes are so tired from looking intently at the jewelry that I just don't think I have it in me.  One thing about Tuesdays being my longest day of the week is that by Wednesday night, I'm usually spent.  Lucky for me that Fridays are such a light day!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

2 comments:

notpoems said...

Yay for a new passport! The jewelry class looks fun...how many classes do you teach?

bettercountry said...

I personally teach 4: baking, quilting, english and jewelry. Our team as a total teaches 10: more jewelry and lots more English.