Monday, December 30, 2013

December Daily {:30:} 1st Link to Dixie photos and 2013 in Review

Before I dive into my looking back at 2013 post, I do want to let you know that I began editing and posting photos from my Dixie trip today.  You can see the photos from December 19, the day I went to the Garden Tomb and the Western Wall and wandered all over the city by clicking HERE...

Now...tomorrow is New Year's Eve!  Wowzah.  I remember as a kid when adults would talk about how each year goes faster and faster, and now I finally get it.  This year does seem like the fastest one yet.

Here's my year in review:

  1. I finished off my time in the US and flew back to France in mid-January. 
  2. I celebrated Lent starting in February and it was so good. 
  3. I went to Spain for a conference in March, and Tunisia for Easter in April.  
  4. I hosted a team of college student interns in May and they rocked my face off.  
  5. There was an exhibit of the jewelry our ladies had made at the mayor's office in June.  I was so proud!
  6. I finished building my kitchen in July and August.  That was hard.
  7. In August, I went to Paris to see the Real McCoys, hosted the Superheroes in my apartment, and went to Greece.  Best month ever!
  8. September started work back and introduced a bunch of new work.  
  9. I said goodbye to the Artist and the Bodybuilder in October after a sweet time in Barcelona.  
  10. I went to Dixie in December.

Best books read:
  • History/Biography: While the World Watched
  • Novel: Pearl in the Sand
  • Devotional: Journey to the Cross
  • Biography: The Insanity of God
Favorite music:
  • Natalie Grant's song In the End
  • Matt Redman's song Your Grace Finds Me
  • More Than Rubies, the entire album
  • Anything bluegrass
Favorite thing watched: Auburn football.  Forget movies, I'll take that Iron Bowl game again and again!

Favorite blog posts from 2013:
Some lousy moments of 2013: when my table cracked in half, continued goodbyes, and some private struggles in my heart over some things.  Compared to previous years, this year was easy and light on the lousy, and for that I am thankful.

Some great moments of 2013: It was a fun year in Marseille, with lots of "cultural" events going on (like the time they set the Vieux Port on fire on purpose).  I loved Lent and the special time I had with the Lord during those weeks.  The interns were awesome and probably the highlight of my entire year.  I got to see a lot of special friends this year and that was a deep blessing.  And...I went to Greece and Dixie, which were both such great experiences!

Check back tomorrow for my final December Daily that will have my favorite photos from the year and perhaps a few more reflections on 2013...

1 comment:

notpoems said...

I love the favorites list from the year! I should do that...
and I agree with you on the best posts...I laughed forever about the Greek wedding one. and I loved the cast of characters one. :-)