Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Daily {:17:} Class, Cookies, To-Do List

I went to class this morning expecting four students: Anita, S (who came yesterday and said she was coming today), the intern, and Kay (the woman I met with last Thursday to introduce her to the center).  Well, Anita had extra homework to finish before the holiday break begins, the intern was sick, and I have no idea what happened to S.  So, it was just me and Kay.  She's such a delight!  She whipped out those sugar cookies like she's been doing it every Christmas her whole life.  (She has not.)  Goodness gracious did we ever make a mess, though!  Between the flour, powdered sugar, icing and candies to decorate with...my oh my.  It took me nearly an hour to get the place cleaned back up afterwards.

The Center bought a Christmas tree and some decorations for the various parties they're having this week.  I thought you might find the "stand" of the tree interesting--this is how they do it here in France:

I ran home, grabbed all the cookies out of my freezer, and took them back over to the center.  In one freezer drawer, I had the non-cooked (but already balled) cookies in separate bags.  Each one had the name, temperature, and cooking time, which I also re-wrote on a paper and left in the freezer.

The cooked cookies were in another drawer.  This way, they had all the cookies they need for all their parties.  Y'all mighta thought I was plum crazy this past weekend, baking up a storm...but it was for multiple parties...not just the one at my house!  I did kind of feel like a soccer mom leaving for a trip with all sort of bagged goodies with instructions in the fridge... haha.

Then I wrapped presents, mailed some off to North Africa, ran a few more errands in town and then finally headed home.

Because my to-do list was about 14 lines deep, I decided to procrastinate.  I called North Africa and got to talk to this guy:

Bless my heart.

Here's what my to-do list looks like now:

  • Take out trash and recycling
  • Buy coffee
  • Clean bathroom
  • Laundry
  • PACK
  • Write newsletter
  • Wrap and mail Real McCoy gifts
  • Call the Superheroes
  • Call credit card company about trip
  • Back up computer
  • Charge batteries for Kindle, iPhone, camera
  • Buy last minute gifts
  • Finish online banking
One more thing on that list to do, then bed and then...VACATION!

1 comment:

notpoems said...

I love the log for a tree stand...so rustic! looking forward to reading about your epic vacation. :-)