Well, I'm having photo issues. I actually took several fun ones today...which I couldn't get off my phone, so I had to email them to myself, and then I couldn't get them to upload to Blogger. I give up.
So...today was a wonderfully full day. I headed out this morning to have lunch over at the camelridingcowgirl's place with her and the X's. When I came up out of the metro, I heard music and saw that there was an artists market going on. As I walked around, I heard my name called out, and saw my quilting teacher! She had a table where she was selling her wares.
It's so fun to live in a city and run across someone you know. It's even more fun that it's here in France, where the locals don't make friends easily...so when a local recognizes me and says hello, it just feels special.
I left there and went to the bakery to pick up a baguette before heading up to lunch. You know the stereotype you have in your head of French people always carrying a baguette with them? It's true. They really do eat them daily. This is the very first "selfie" I've ever taken in a mirror...me and my baguette.
After lunch, I scurried back to my apartment to meet with *Amy. (I checked my mail before heading upstairs and had a lovely Christmas card waiting for me from the Artist. I love getting mail!) *Amy and I had a great time working on her English. She asked me to help work out the difference between "since," "during," and "for," (which was ironic, because the X's, camelridingcowgirl and I were talking about JUST that at lunch). We also worked on the difference between "he died," and "he is dead." (In French, those two sentences are identical, and so it's hard to understand the difference.)
While *Amy was here, a crowd began protesting in front of the Air France store, and so we watched that for a moment. Protesting is a regular thing in France, and it often becomes easy to ignore and move on. Well, then we heard music, and so looked back, and a Christmas marching band--with "twirler" acrobats, began parading...right in front of the protesters! It was quite the sight. I took photos...but again, couldn't get them up here. But I did get this awesome one uploaded:
After *Amy left, Giggles came over. The guys (including her husband) were all over at her place playing Risk, and she needed to get out and hang out with a girl. We went out to dinner and then talked while I baked cookies for tomorrow's meeting. She headed home just around the time I started getting ready for SEC Championship, which by the way, Auburn won! War Eagle! SEC Champs!
It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!



2 comments:
WAR EAGLE!
sounds like a fun day! mmmm baguettes...
Post a Comment