There are several orders of business today, this final December Daily.
First off, I updated the blog with details and photos for December 20, the day I went to Bethlehem. And yes, I did sing O Little Town of Bethlehem while I was there! :) You can see that post by clicking HERE.
Second, (before I post my December Instagrams), I wanted to repost my favorite photos from 2013. Here we go...!
Whitey making me laugh about something or nother when she came to visit in March.
Bastille Day Fireworks. Epic.
In the late summer and early fall, I love this color of yellow sunlight that hits the Samaritan building for about 2 minutes a little after sunrise. I sit almost every morning and wait for it.
Best sunset EVER.
This just makes me laugh every time. And I love fog, which is so rare here. It makes this formally San Francisco girl happy!
One of my two favorites of the whole year. I love looking out at the Ferris Wheel!
Favorite moment of the entire year. Boom! War Eagle!
I'm always happy when I get to ride on a boat. This was a particularly gorgeous day out on the water!
I will never, ever forget the time they flooded the city streets with sheep. Craziest thing I ever did see.
Barcelona has the best clouds ever. Seriously. Wow.
And the most clueless tourists ever who refuse to move out of my view.
Favorite moment in Greece, and favorite photo from Greece, even though I didn't take it.
I love that time that the Artist jumped up to photobomb my picture in Athens...
She didn't get this one, though!
I loved this sweet moment of catching up with old friends. I wish we'd thought to take a better photo of the three of us together. Glad we at least got this!
Gah, I love this kid! I love his pure joy here, and how much he loved (loves) the Eiffel Tower.
And saving the best for last, my favorite photo from 2013. I ended up keeping this one as my iPhone wallpaper. Will probably print and hang it someday.
Lastly, for those who aren't photo'd out...here are my December Instagrams.
Marseille's latest weirdness: random (perfectly good) chairs in the hallway of my building. This picture is not the first time. Today...there was a table!
I like our team's newest member!
Another Marseille weirdness: Replicas of famous ancient art combined with modern art all up and down my street. An open air museum, if you will...
Cookies galore!
I still can't handle the cuteness! Frosty the CheeseBall.
This is how the French do Christmas tree stands:
The picture taken moments before I caught my hair on fire by blowing out the candles:
Merry Christmas to all!
And Happy New Year! May your year be easy and stress free, as was my time going through passport control!
Seriously though, thanks for sticking with me through 2013, and especially during December Daily. I doubt I'll ever do that again! (I don't know how some bloggers do that all the time, with awesome photos to boot!) It was a good year, and I'm looking forward to 2014 being even better. God is good, all the time.
50 books read + 6 countries traveled to + 1 kitchen finished + 2 lost sheep found + 3 types of classes taught at 2 different centers + 20 old journals read + 12 interns hosted - 3 friends left France + 1775 gifts counted + 365 days blessed + 1 steadfast loving God = 2013


1 comment:
this is wonderful. I love your pictures! thanks for sharing daily in December....aren't you proud I finally made it through them all? ;-)
Post a Comment